Lander Performing Arts
The goal of Greenwood Performing Arts Outreach Program is to bring high quality music, dance and theatre performances to area students. Through the GPA Outreach Program, young people are provided with the opportunity to experience the power of performing arts. These performances bring high quality entertainment, using a variety of repertoire and representing a diversity of cultures. Exposing young people to live performances encourages self-expression, ignites the desire to create, and advances their development as productive members of society.
Study guides are prepared and posted on the GPA website (www.greenwoodperformingarts.org) for teachers to use as they incorporate the arts in their classroom and prepare students for an Outreach performance.
GPA encourages you to become involved in this worthwhile program and to provide your students with the opportunity to experience professional, live performances in the Josephine B. Abney Cultural Center Auditorium at Lander University.
Policies and Procedures
• Admission: Tickets may be reserved by phone beginning August 17, 2015. We encourage you to call early to ensure reserved seating for your group. All Outreach tickets for students and adults, including teachers, chaperones and bus drivers, are $6.
• Accessibility: With advance notice, we can arrange assistance for your special needs. Please advise us of your needs prior to the performance.
• Payment: Order seats for ALL teachers, students and chaperones attending – 1 adult chaperone must attend for every 15 students in attendance. Full payment is required for the final number of seats reserved four weeks prior to the performance. Once your ticket order is made over the phone, confirmation will be sent by email and will include an attached reservation form.
• Mail the $25 non-refundable deposits that are required for each order of 5 or more tickets along with your reservation form. Signatures are required on the reservation form. Reservation requests will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Once your deposit(s) and form are received in the mail, an invoice listing the balance and balance due date will be emailed. If payment is not received by the due date, the order will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
The balance due date is listed on the order form. Payment extensions are at the discretion of the GPA staff. No seat cancellations will be accepted after that date and full payment for reservations is required.
• Adding Seats to a Reservation: If you need to increase the number of seats after you have made you reservation and/or payment, please contact the GPA office for information on available seating.
• Decreasing Reservation Numbers: If you need to decrease the number of seats in your reservation, you must do so before the payment deadline. You are responsible for the number of seats reserved by the payment deadline.
- Refunds: Once an invoice is paid, a refund will not be issued.
- Ticket Subsidies: A limited number of scholarships may be available contingent on Outreach donations. For more
information call GPA at (864) 227-8744.
• Inclement Weather: Greenwood Performing Arts has contractual commitments to the agencies that represent the
performers and therefore will be unable to refund ticket money due to inclement weather and school closings if the performers are present and prepared to present the program. If the performers are not able to get to the university, GPA will attempt to offer an available make-up day. If that is not possible, GPA will offer a refund or apply the funds to future productions.
• Recommended Grade Level: The GPA staff carefully considers grade level recommendations to ensure the best experience for everyone. If you would like to reserve seats for a group outside of these recommendations, please contact the GPA office to discuss the performance content. Please note that 4K grade level has been added for two of the shows. GPA Outreach Performances are for student audiences only. No children under the age of 4 will be admitted. Please advise chaperones.
Jackie Counts, Outreach Director Phone: (864) 227-8744
Mail reservation forms and deposits to: Greenwood Performing Arts
P.O. Box 50011 Greenwood, SC 29649
All checks should be payable to Greenwood Performing Arts or GPA